10 month old with high fever, anemia and dehydration. Not able to stand due to weakness. Should be concerned about polio or malaria?

Child in Burkina Faso: who cnnot walk - He had a high fever and anemia and an dehydration when he was 10 months old. Before this fever he could walk small and stand up on his leg. Just after this fever he became weak and can not stand, one hand the left is became weak too. 4- he can see very well, talk well and he feels in his legs. Others: now when his mother help him to keep something as the wall of the house, he can stay stand during 5 or 10 minutes but after he cry mother it is painful , and hir mother help him to sit. the pain is on his knees and hip according to his mother. he is 5 years old..How can we help him. What caused this to happen ? polio malaria
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013