1 yr old son has vsd of 0.28mm by birth, no other symptoms except murmurs. Precautions and suggestion ?

Hello doctor, this is AAAA, my 1 yr old son is having vsd of 0.28mm by birth, when we consult our peadiatrician he told us to wait for couple of yrs, and there are no prominent symptoms regarding that, boy s wt is 11 kgs (3kgs @ birth ) now, but still there is murmur of 2/6. And we want to know whether my son needs any surgical intervention, or will it close by itself and also plz suggest any precautions to be taken. May I know the cause of VSD. Thanking you
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012