1 year old, white spots on legs. Tried hydrocortizone cream. Try anti-fungal cream?

Hi! I have a 1 year old that has white/light spots on her legs that appear and feel dry. They are not in complete circles and get worse in the sun. My doc thought it might be ezcema so she told me to try hydrocortizone cream for a week. That has not helped at all. From what I found on the internet it seems like it could be tinea veriscolor?? Should I try anti- fungal cream on her legs? Cream says not to use if younger than 2 years of age.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012