1 year old kid has had diarrhea, please advise treatment suggestion

My 1 year old son has had diarrhea for a week and a half. Some days so much that I have to change his clothes. He now has fever of 104 with congestion, chills and body weakness. I took him to the doctor 2 days ago and he said that he has a virus that is going around. He has had the fever since yesterday and I have been giving him motrin every 6-8 hrs. Not sure if I should take him to the hospital or not. What is your medical advice ?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jun 2010