1 year old child, refuses to eat, spitting out food, might be deficient in vitamins. Treatment?

I have a 12 month old who basically refuses to eat meals. He has never really got the hang of weaning and would spit out puree s as well as lumpier foods. He would eat certain finger foods but never vegetables or meat, mainly cheese and grapes. I feel like I have tried everything. I have used all kinds of popular weaning books and recipes and nothing has worked and I don t know what to do. He lives off toast, yogurts, fruit pots, cheese and crackers. I don t know what I can do in the future to encourage him to be less fussy and I m worried he will be deficient in vitamins .
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012