when is it too late to get a tetanus shot

Question
when is it too late to get a tetanus shot after being cut by a sharp Shard of glass?
Posted Wed, 6 Dec 2017 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
with 24 hours

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
One should get tetanus shot with in 24 hours of suspected exposure.

Taking it later may not be of help.

However, in cases where the suspicion of tetanus is high and a person presents late then 24 hours of Tetanus shot, we offer Tetanus Immunoglobulin.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD