what would cause a drop in HGB in just 3 days ?

I am 69 yrs. old Have Prostate cancer had radiation 6/2012 PSA now .02 I also have Chronic ITP I take Nplate weekly if needed. Take weekly CBC Platelets 3/4/2014 204 HGB 14.1 CBC 3/7/2012 Platelets 244 HGB 13.3 what would cause a drop in HGB in just 3 days ? is it a concern. All other elements of WBC and CBC were in range
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that this much variation is common and it is not significant . Even if you send your HB testing in different labs at same time this much variation can occur . But if you are having any symptoms like bleeding through rectum or dark coloured stools then it will concern me . Till your Hb is within normal change such mild variations dont worry me . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: what would cause a drop in HGB in just 3 days ? 1 hour later
I did have some minor rectal blood ,off and on but not enough their to make a big change, I have internal Hemmerroid. In the last 3 days the amount probably would be less then when they draw at a blood sample if that.. No dark stools. No rapid heart rate. My BP is 118 /75 heart rate 73
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 7 hours later
Brief Answer: That explains... Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, That will explain the fall in Hemoglobin. Although it is not significant and your vitals are normal, I insist that you see a surgeon and get hemorrhoid issues rectified. Dr. Shruti