Ask a Homeopath   »  

what is an alternative to baclofen - homeopathic or herbal?

Ayurveda Specialist
Question
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Alternative Medicine

Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
necessary recommendation

Detailed Answer:
Dear,
Thanks for contacting with the Ayurveda section of [A]YUSH and following are the options:

i. Baclofen is a central nervous system depressant and skeletal muscle relaxant and used in topical creams to help with pain. [probably you might be taking it for multiple sclerosis, MS] or is there any other spastic condition?

ii. In Ayurveda, natural muscle relaxant which I usually tell my patient [suffering from spastic conditions] are chamomile, valerian, vitamin D, magnesium [in almonds, banana, legumes, brown rice], adequate rest [maintain proper hydration, adequate sleep, avoiding overuse of the muscles]

iii. Do let me know if you are suffering from any autoimmune [AI] condition since some herbs do have immune stimulating effects and worsen the disease.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika