what do you suggest for 12 inch worm from anus and abdominal pain?

i am 23. i have light pain in my stomach, which i get often. to day when i went to toilet i found a huge worm of around 12 inch from anus. i am scared. please tell me what to do. i stay quite a distance away from doctor. please suggest me what to do. what effect can be seen and what are the measure.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 33 minutes later
Hi Vrushali,

Thanks for the Query.

I would like to know few more things so that would be able to suggest you better:

1.) Since how long do you have the abdominal pain?
2.) Do you have Itching of the vaginal or anal area?
3.) Do you have difficulty sleeping?
4.) Do you have Nausea?

Your History suggests you have Parasitic Infectestation which could be either Pinworm or Roundworm.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Physician. He/She shall examine you and Suggest few tests and a Blood work up to confirm parasite Infection. Specific antihelmenthic drug will be prescribed on confirmation of the diagnosis.

In the meantime, you need to:
1.) Avoid scratching, if you have
2.) Wash your anal area in the Mornings as washing it in the morning can help reduce the number of eggs in your body. Showering may help avoid possible re contamination in bath water
3.) Wash bed sheets, night clothes, underwear and towels in hot water to help kill the parasite eggs
4.) Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after a bowel movement and before eating.
5.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.