what causes enlarged and inflamed tonsils pushed to the center?

ENT Specialist
My 7 year old daughter has one swollen tonsil that appears diplaced. Is this possible? Is it safe for me to wait until next tuesday for an appointment with an ENT or does it present a choking or breathing hazard? She has no pain and no fever.
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: grossly enlarged, inflamed right tonsil Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through the query and the attached picture. It is obvious from the picture that the right tonsil is grossly enlarged, inflamed, pushed to the center. It would definitely require urgent care, a course of antibiotics, preferably of the penicillin group may be started too. Also, there is a high chance of peri-tonsiliitis. Hence, I suggest you to please consult an ENT specialist at the earliest to rule out the same, and be treated accordingly. Feel free to follow up with me. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.
Follow-up: what causes enlarged and inflamed tonsils pushed to the center? 1 hour later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: welcome