what are the treatment options for Molluscum Contagiosum?

I was recently diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum. I went to a public health clinic and the mollusca treated with acid. That afternoon I noticed a white bump on my urethra. Is this a mollusca lesion or something else? I would appreciate any thoughts on diagnosis and treatment. Also, what are the treatment options for Molluscum Contagiosum? I feel as though I may not be getting the best care at my public health clinic and no options were presented.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: molluscum Detailed Answer: Hello Thank for the query. These bumps are looking like molluscum contagiosum. It is a viral infection. I would like to know few additional points to come to a closer diagnosis. 1. Since when you have these lesions ? 2. Is there pain or any other symptoms in these lesions? 3. Do you have similar lesions anywhere else on body. Please answer the above so I could help you better. Other option to treat molluscum is removal by needle. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: what are the treatment options for Molluscum Contagiosum? 9 minutes later
I had three or so other bumps that were treated. The doctor used acid to treat these lesions. Now I apparently have another bump on my urethra and I'm pretty sure acid isn't going to be used for that? This one is new. The others I have had for awhile. One dating back to November when a doctor said it was fine during a routine STD test. There is a slight burn sometimes when I urinate due to this new lesion. I was tested on Thursday for STDs, so if anything else is going on that will let me know. I don't see any other lesions anywhere else on the body similar to those on my penis. Sorry I didn't answer in detail the first time.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 21 hours later
Brief Answer: molluscum most probably Detailed Answer: Hello All the points are in favor of molluscum contagiosum. Please go ahead with the treatment. Lesions present on skin are treated by removing with needle while those on mucous membrane like tip of penis are treated with acid. You will get good response in another 3 or 4 sittings. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you