well thanks's i want to know that if sugar level

Diabetologist
Question
well thanks's i want to know that if sugar level is high will sgot and sgpt increase and is increased sgot and sgpt dangreous ?
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
specific information

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.

Yes, the liver enzymes can rise along with hyperglycemia- especially chronic hyperglycemia- as it causes non alcoholic fatty liver disease. Having said that, medicines for hyperglycemia themselves can cause raised liver enzymes sometimes.

And to answer the second part of your question, it depends on the cause and speed with which the liver enzymes rise that are said to be important. Usually a rise of more than 3 to 4 times the normal value is said to be dangerous.

Having said that, please make sure you meet a physician to make sure that the rise in liver enzymes is not due to other causes like viral infection.

I am attaching a link that I feel you would find interesting- regarding this subject.

http://clinical.diabetesjournals.org/content/23/3/115

Best of luck,
Dr Mittal