wavy' feeling in eyes and dizziness, muted sound of knocking in head. No health issues. Reason?

Question
I have 'pressure', not pain behind my eyes and a 'wavy' feeling when looking up, down or sideways. Vague sense of dizziness, but not whirly type. Also a vague and muted sound of 'knocking' or 'swishing' when I turn my head. This has been going on for two days. I am in excellent health. No blood pressure issues, although this is what I would guess high blood pressure feels like....just a guess, not based on anything concrete.
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 4 hours later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole) and am glad to address to your query here.

Your symptoms are a bit non-specific and do not fetch a diagnosis.
May I ask you to answer a few questions to get diagnostic clues?

Do you have any headache, nausea, giddiness?
Is there any difficulty with vision, watering, redness in the eyes?
Is there neck pain, tingling numbness anywhere?
Is there any clue to sinusitis like cold, blocked nose, tender sinuses?
Sinusitis can cause all your symptoms. Visual acuity problems can also cause it (spectacles?)
But there can be many differentials.

Please answer these and add any description of anything else that you feel is different.
Are you on any medicines? Your history box is empty.
Yes, very high BP may also present these alterations.

I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole
Good Luck!

Follow-up: wavy' feeling in eyes and dizziness, muted sound of knocking in head. No health issues. Reason? 16 minutes later
Vague nausea - more like "oh, am I nauseous?" not "OH, I AM nauseous!"
No headache or giddiness
No vision problems; yes, I wear specs. I live in California - Spring makes everyone's eyes water!
Neck - tingling
No sinusitis, colds, stuffy nose, tenderness
No Rx meds. I dO take multi-vitamin

Muted "hammering or swishing sound on right side when I turn my head

Consistently good BP and cholesterol. I work out, eat right, and consider myself a very "young" 65. These symptoms have me a bit worried. Altogether new and 'vague', but very real. Like a mild "pressure" behind eyes, ears...more like an XXXXXXX swelling than an outward pressure.

Hope this helps

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 1 hour later
Thanks for the update !
This picture does not give any spot diagnosis.

I do not feel it is anything serious yet.
I would advise you to get physically checked up for any subtle eye, sinus (and rarely brain) problem. At this age, there are many possibilities though you are feeling healthy so far.

It is a short-coming of online consultation and in-person check up is needed in your case. Some diseases in very early stage can be diagnosed by thorough physical examination.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole
Good Luck!

As it helps us to improve continuously, may I request you to write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.
Thank you!!