this morning I woke up and sat at my computer

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
this morning I woke up and sat at my computer for a couple of hours. When I got up to walk, I couldn't walk because the pain in my left knee almost knocked me on the floor with pain. I am using a cane right now but the pain in pretty intense when I try to walk. It radiates up to the thigh and down from the knee.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
A problem with your tendons or meniscus to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Sudden onset of knee pain after certain movements may indicate a problem with your knee tendons (rupture, strain, etc.), or with the meniscus ( ruptured meniscus ).

It is necessary to avoid excessive use of your affected leg and to schedule an appointment with your Orthopedic surgeon who can evaluate your condition clinically and can order diagnostic tests such MRI in order to achieve a correct diagnosis.

For the pain, you can use also the combination Acetaminophen/Hydrocodone, after discussing with your primary physician, if you've used it safely previously.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.