suggest treatment for pain after ear tube insertion

I had a eat tube inserted today. I am in pain and scheduled to fly 11 hours tomorrow, concerned.
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I order to help you better I need more information from you, could you please get back to me with the following 1. Could you please let me know what procedure you have undergone? or expand 'eat' tube? 2. Where exactly is the pain?How do you grade the intensity of it? 3. Do you have fever? 4. What are the problems you face while flying? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regads
Follow-up: suggest treatment for pain after ear tube insertion 1 hour later
1.Sorry, a ENT doctor put a tube in my right ear this morning. I had a severe sinus infection, which seemed to block my eustachian tube in my right ear. he knew I was flying, so, he put the tube in this morning. He said this will relieve the pressure. 2. There is a fullness and crackling feeling....feels swollen. Painful at rest and when I burp believe it or not. 3.No temp. 4. My ears do not pop when I fly. I chew gum and use tyneol sinus but worried since the ear already feels clogged, it will hurt more than usual. I purchased Neo Synephrine is there something else I should do. Must fly, work related.
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query I understand your concern, I get many patients which such issues. Your ENT doctor has done the right thing and you will be in a much better situation to face the journey now. Apart from what you are already getting I suggest a mild sedative like alprazolam 0.5 to be taken 15 min before the journey, it will help you sleep better. For the pain you could take paracetamol 500 mg. It can be taken every 8 hours I hope I was of help Regards