Suggest treatment for leg pain near knee

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I have experienced pain in the inside of my left leg near my knee. the pain is gradual and I have experienced it for a little over a week. I need to know if I am experiencing a blood clot our something m. I haven't flown recently at all and have no blood pressure issues
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be inflammation (bursitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. The picture attached looks normal and nothing much to worry about.
It could be the ligament sprain (bursitis).My suggestion for you would be-
1. Ice fomentation, avoid excessive knee bending and sitting on floor for few days.
2. You may have Ibuprofen for few days along with local pain killer gel application.