suffering from nausea, stomach pain, brain fog, anxiety, depression and fatigue. What are the diagnosis?

22 y old daughter has 6 months history of nausea and stomach pain. Also, "brain fog" anxiety, depression and fatigue. A naturopath dx'ed her with iGg mediated wheat dairy and yeast allergy. After eliminating those foods from her diet and seeming to have some relief, a few months later it seemed she was becoming intolerant to virtually everything she ate. Now a mainstream GI doc is looking at her for celiac disease, but he told her to resume eating wheat so the endoscope would be accurate. Since resuming wheat her stomach is KILLING her (ended up in ER from fainting from the pain and hitting her head). ER said blood sugars look good, so no diabetes type 1. What are some other possibilities on the differential diagnosis?
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I read the medical history of your 22 y old daughter and I understand your concerns. The nausea and stomach pain she is having would be related to : - food intolerances (allergy) - other gastro-intestinal problems. -pancreatic problems -gallblader problems I need to know if your dauhter has diarrhea? So, I would suggest as following: - take allergy tests to rule out possible allergy to gluten, wheat, dairy, and yeast. - to determine celiac disease, she needs to do fibrogastroscopy, when material is take from D3( small intestine) for biopsy, together with serological testing(anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTGA). - her doctor asked to start eating wheat as normally to exclude false negative results. If she will stop such foods, the serological testing and endoscopy will result falsely normal. - I am glad to know that your daughter resulted with no diabetes type 1. - there are other diagnosis to exclude such as pancreatic or liver diseases. I recommend to do abdominal ultrasound, blood work and biochemical exams. However, as long as your daughter's symptoms ameliorated once the wheat was cut and restarted when she started to eat foods rich in gluten again, this is a clear evidence of gluten intolerance (celiac disease). The recommended tests by your doctor will give the final answer. Hope it answered to your inquiries! Feel free to ask me again if you have further questions. Dr.Klerida