suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. Prescribed with psychotherapy sessions, xanax, sertaline. How to cure it fast?

Hi doctor, to sum up my case, im a 24 year old male who has been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for more than 3 years till now, but to be honest I am way much better than I was back then, now I can do all the things I used to do for nearly 80% im also prescribed from my psychiatric for psychotherapy sessions and the following medications .5mg of xanax , lustral sertaline 50mg, dogmatil sulpiride 50mg and prothiaden dothiepin 25mg per day, the thing is that im now better for 80% but still not fully cured in addition to, im very vulnerable for relapses due to stressful incidents. How can I be completely cured fast. Thank you and please reply
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 2 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. As your doctor has mentioned before, you should have regular psychotherapy sessions for a period of time. In psychotherapy they work on the reasons behind the anxiety. For example, they may see how you deal with the difficult situations which may happen for every body in life. It could be work related issues (with boss,etc) or the issues with the roommate or especially with partner. Then they may try to give an alternative ways through the suggestion to you. It gradually enhances your coping mechanism and it causes that the stress level decreases. The psychotherapist may also work on the ego strength or every other factor which could be the root of this panic attacks. Let me know if you have any question. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. Prescribed with psychotherapy sessions, xanax, sertaline. How to cure it fast? 8 hours later
Thank you for your reply Dr. Payman, but you didn't give me an alternative treatment or cure, there's no difference, I am already having these sessions and medication and I was looking for an additional cure plan or tips to cure my case from you :)

Thanks and please reply
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 13 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Vagus nerve stimulation is an alternative method for the treatment of panic attacks which you can ask more from your psychiatrist. I wish your panic gets cured soon.