smely nite sweats like vinegar

Question
smely nite sweats like vinegar
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Various possible causes

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns ...

This could be due to bacterial infection of the sebaceous gland by an acid producing bacteria .. This may mostly occur if you are overweight, immune-compromised or does not get enough showers with soap and water...

Also, please note, this could be a sign of diabetes, as insulin deficiency leads to abnormal break down of sugar leading to overproduction of ketone bodies that alter the smell out your sweat...

In this scenario, I would recommend that you take a blood test of glucose level both fasting and post-prandial together with HB A1c blood test to detect any diabetic or prediabetic status ...

Also, I would recommend that you lose extra weight in case you are overweight and please try to get a shower daily (if at all this is the scenario)...

I hope I answered your question
Let me know if I can assist you further