small pea size lump near my anus opening. it's solid

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
small pea size lump near my anus opening. it's solid like a pea or two painful when I get up or sit down but pain goes away. it's been two days for it being there
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Perianal abscess

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Considering photo and descriptions this is most likely perianal abscess or thrombosized external hemorrhoids. In every case best option is to manage this surgically by incision and drainage. In some cases it can rupture spontaneously and heal but this may be painful option. So I advice to see proctologist for further treatment. Wish you good health. Regards