plz suggest something for this..my mom can barely walk..she s

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
plz suggest something for this..my mom can barely walk..she s n severe pain..any ointment or medicine
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Osteoarthritis of the knee

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for the query

It seems that your mother is suffering from Osteoarthritis or degenerative arthritis of the knee. This has lead to significant damaged structures inside the knee which is making it difficult to walk or probably even bend the knee.

I would advise that she use a hinged knee brace whenever she needs to walk or bend the knee.

Avoid squatting, cross leg sitting or climbing stairs as much as possible.

She can take Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Rabeprazole twice a day before meals for 5 days.

It would also be wise to get injection of hylaruronic acid into the knee joint to help reduce the degenerative process.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr.Aashish Raghu