please helpppLast weak i did perform oral sex on a

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
please helpppLast weak i did perform oral sex on a man ... yesterday i started to feel body aaches and had a fever of 100 degrees and swelling in my tonsils on the right side with tonsil stone.( i get that sometimes) my head and above my sinuses felt really painful too. i am having greenish phlegm.... i feel a lot better today no fever slight body ache but nothing like last night. am i feeling this way beacuse its a virus... many people at my office were sick at some point last week and this week. i am also waiting on my period that should come in the next few days. my question is why am i feeling this way could it be std or hiv symptoms? i have never had intercourse but i have had oral sex ( only performing on man) with about 10 men ... please let me know waht you think ... i am extremly concered
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Oral sex carries a low risk for HIV and STI.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM.
Oral sex carries a low risk for HIV and STD transmission.
Manifestations of HIV cannot occur within a week.
It is very common to get a tonsillitis or a pharyngitis following a oral sex. Non STD causes are more common than STD causes. Consult your physician. Investigations like throat swab and culture will help in fix the diagnosis. Moreover you had mentioned that many in your office were having throat infection and fever. Then your problem might not be related to your oral sex at all.
Get well soon.
Dr S Murugan

Follow-up: please helpppLast weak i did perform oral sex on a 11 hours later
Are you sure I should not be worried about hiv or std ? I am extremely anxious to do a std test because I’m worried hiv wil come back positive

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rule out HIV /STD through investigations.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
I assure you that the present symptoms are not related to HIV infection. Oral sex has a low risk for HIV transmission compared to anal and vaginal sex.
As you had multiple oral sex, it is better to rule out HIV /STD through investigations after the window period. Seek the help of your physician for further guidance.
Dr S Murugan