noticed circular hard spot with black dot on arms and thighs. Can this ring worm?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi I am concern about a circular hard spot with a black dot in the center that has appeared on my arm and thighs. It has a rough bumpy outer ring but the center is dark. It does not hurt but itches occasionally. The older ones on my arm appears to form a crusty scab as it "heals". The spots are small on my arm and there was a big fine bumpy circular spot on my thigh. I thought it was ringworm because the ones on my thigh the out circle was define and the center was clear but the ones on my arm has a black dot in the center and I'm very confused.

Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
your description matches with that of chronic fungal infection.
However I would like to see a photograph of the lesion.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and I will be able to help you better.
Please upload a photograph.
waiting for your response.
Thank you

Follow-up: noticed circular hard spot with black dot on arms and thighs. Can this ring worm? 2 hours later
Hi, do you have an email address I can send the photos too? In case the phots are blurry. Thanks.

Old skin legions on inner arm --> WWW.WWWW.WW

A recent on on the arm --> WWW.WWWW.WW

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the follow up.
You can attach the pictures here only.
there is an option to attach reports on right side of query page.
Please use that
Thank you

Hi
I have uploaded both photos.

Thank you

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for the follow up and photograph.
It is looking like granuloma annulare, which is an auto immune disorder.
Dont worry its not a severe thing. Please apply clobetasol ointment. You will get some relief. If it recurrs , a biopsy might be required.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you. E

Follow-up: noticed circular hard spot with black dot on arms and thighs. Can this ring worm? 5 hours later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
welcome

Detailed Answer:
you are most Welcome.