my wife has rapid heart rate most of the day

Question
my wife has rapid heart rate most of the day and gets a little dizzy if she stands up.
what should we do?
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed evaluation is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns
As per your description it seems that your wife is having something called palpitations. It is nothing but rapid bouncing heart beats.
Detailed evaluation is needed to find out what exactly causing the symptoms.
I suggest you to consult a general physician for detailed evaluation. She might require many investigations like ECG, Echo, TMT( treadmill test) and TFT( Thyroid function tests) to understand basic cause for palpitations).Stress and anxiety can also cause these symptoms. So avoid unwanted stress and anxiety.
Wishing you good health health
Thanks