my nail is getting damaged.and I have pin in my

Dermatologist
Question
my nail is getting damaged.and I have pin in my leg.half of the nail is white in color .
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be onychomycosis, oral antifungals required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be onychomycosis which is fungal infection of the nail.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take oral antifungal medicine like capsule itraconazole 200 mg twice daily for 1 week in one month for atleast 4-5 months.
It is a prescription drug and you need to see the doctor in person to get it.
Dr Asmeet

Follow-up: my nail is getting damaged.and I have pin in my 33 minutes later
thanks for the reply..can u suggest me what precaution I need to take..and what is the reason of getting this infection... before 1 year I had a fracture in my same toe.. and already once the nail is removed and this is the second time the nail came and I got that infection again..
do I need to take any tetanus injection?

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
I would recommend you to avoid sharing of footwear, wear open footwear, avoid sharing of socks, keep your foot dry, avoid walking barefooted and keep your nails short.
This fungal infection is very common.
It can be contacted by walking barefooted, sharing infected person’s footwear and socks and from some minor trauma to the foot.
No need of tetanus injection.
For nail infection you need to take oral antifungals as I have already mentioned.
This will take care of your infection.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Yes you can wear shoes in gym.
All the best.

Follow-up: my nail is getting damaged.and I have pin in my 1 minute later
thank you doctor so much..can I wear shoes for 1 hour during my exercise in gym