my daughter is 2months old, she is exclusively breastfeeding from

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Question
my daughter is 2months old, she is exclusively breastfeeding from 3weeks,earlier we use to give her formula. she born with weight 3.18kgs, and at 47th day when we checked she is at 4.1kgs. now she is 4.4kgs. she is passing urine more than 7times in 24hrs. Just need to understand is my breastmilk is adequate or not.
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Weight gain is adequate

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for choosing this platform

I have read the query and the weight gain of baby is appropriate. During initial two months the weight gain should be 20-30 mg/day. In last 14 days the weight gain is 300 grams which is normal in this age. Proper weight gain indicates that he is getting adequate feeds.
Continue breast feed and don't get worried.
Passing urine 6-8 times is normal in this age and this again indicates that he is getting adequate amount of fluids.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.