my 2D echocardiography says Disproportionate septal thickening, good bi bentricular

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
my 2D echocardiography says Disproportionate septal thickening, good bi bentricular and normal LV diastolic function, no RWMA. ECG report states normal sinus rhythm, left axis deviation. What does it indicate about the condition of my heart
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir,

After going through the medical details provided by you, I would like to inform you that overall it's a normal echo report.

However, there is irregular thickening of the interventricular septum (it's a wall that separates right and left ventricle) which is sometimes present normally also but sometimes due to this asymmetry patient can feel symptoms like giddiness.

If you don't have any symptoms of giddiness or lightheadedness then there is nothing to worry about.

I hope this information will answer your query. Feel free to ask further.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap