my 16 year old daughter overdosed on ibuprofen and her

Question
my 16 year old daughter overdosed on ibuprofen and her last blood test showed some abnormality in her kidney function. she is experiencing excruciating lower right back pain. Is this normal symptoms and what should or could we do to help alleviate the pain?
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give her omeprazole: 20mg twice daily!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

Your daughter's pain in related to aggression caused to the gastric wall by the overdosed ibuprofen. I recommend omeprazole 20mg twice daily to prevent any further aggression. If possible, upload a copy of her laboratory tests to me for review and more insights.

I hope this helps and guides. I wish your daughter well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.