low motivation and over-sleeping. Taking injection for low testosterone level. Need high dose

Dear Sir or Ma'am,
I am a 40 yr old male. I have been struggling with low motivation and over-sleeping for years. I have been put on many anti-depressants with no result. 3 months ago I found out my testosterone level was 113. My doctor put me on 200mg injections every 2 weeks. I was recently retested at 443. I have not seen any improvements except for hope that I will feel better at the right level. I have read that avg for my age is about 660 and that many men do not see improvement until they reach the 600 or sometimes 800 level. I asked for an increase and my doctor refused because my level is now between 300-800. I have asked him for an endocrinology and am waiting for a reply. Is he correct or might I need a higher injection dose? Thank you
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Look beyond testosterone .

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir, Hi! you can definitely attribute your symptoms to low testosterone but I would suggest please evaluate other hormones as well. You must check your TSH, FT4, serum cortisol, serum electrolytes as well. If you ask for the right dose of testosterone , it varies from individual to individual . if you are not showing improvement with 200 mg you can make it 400mg. But before that please confirm that there is no other underlying problem. Regards!