last week I noticed 2 or 3 red bumps on
User rating for this question
last week I noticed 2 or 3 red bumps on the side of my tongue. My tongue was a little sore at first but not anymore. The area where the bumps are is way back by my last molar tooth. I have never smoked a day in my life, but I chew pouches of scoal off and on and I am very worried. The bumps have been the same for a week. I just was checked 6 months ago at my dentist for oral cancer and no problems then. Should I give it a little more time? very worried.
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Do not worry. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Large rounded elevated dome shaped taste buds are located at the back of the tongue behind the last molar. It is very likely that you have seen these. To be very sure you have to be examined by either a dentist or an ENT. It is time to quit tobacco. Tobacco can cause oral cancers, throat cancers. It can cause heart disease, hypertension and a variety of other problems. Feel free to follow up, Regards, Dr Rajkishori.
Follow-up: last week I noticed 2 or 3 red bumps on 2 hours later
Thank you for response, I have a dental exam scheduled for next month, you said to get it checked and I was wondering if I should give it more time to see if it would heal because it has only been a week.
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Get it checked by dentist. Detailed Answer: Hi again, Get it checked by dentist. Do not give it any more time. The dentist will be able to tell you whether it is just a taste bud or something else Regards, Dr Rajkishori
People also viewed
- Red itchy bumps on stomach fever for 2 weeks
- 3 red painful bumps on shoulder
- Is swelling of the feet or lower legsarm, back, or jaw pain a side effect of arimidex?
- What raw drink removes thc
- Bump on head for 2 weeks
- Is swelling of the eyes, face, lips, throat, or tongue a side effect of levothyroxine?
- Is sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or inside the mouth a side effect of etidronate?
- Can you drink wine with prilosec
- Is continuing ringing or buzzing or other unexplained noise in the ears a side effect of vimovo?
- Is continuing ringing or buzzing or other unexplained noise in the ears a side effect of septra ds?
- Shooting pains in stomach drink spiking
- Can pregnant women drink slurpee
- 2 red bumps on infants vagina
- My first time i drink sperm
- Bump on head headache for 3 weeks