last October I had critical high troponin levels .07, tested

Question
last October I had critical high troponin levels .07, tested nothing wrong with heart, but they found 7mm nodule on right lung, 1 to2mm nodules on left lung, calcification on my kidney(prob stone), then this oct, ANA speckled 1:32, lupus, sjor, scleraderma etc negative. biopsy of tissue on my finger was acral hypokerotosis (excuse spelling please) rare 50 people, what's up , this is a year of unknowns, still working with Dr. next appointment not till 11/27, going crazy
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no reason to panic

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. A troponin test measures the levels troponin T or troponin I proteins in the blood. These proteins are released when there is muscular damage (usually damage to heart muscles as in heart attack). Besides acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), there is a myriad of potential diseases with troponin release, including acute pulmonary embolism, heart failure, myocarditis, and end stage renal disease. You have been evaluated for autoimmune causes but the lung nodule could be a likely cause of the increase in toponin levels and should be investigated. That nodule could be the cause of the elevation in toponin level.

Please do not panic or get apprehensive. You should feel reassured that you do not have a heart attack as the probable cause. Be patient. The underlying cause should get detected soon. Treatment can be done accordingly.

Let me know if I could help further.