ive had a brown spot on the left side of

OBGYN
Question
ive had a brown spot on the left side of my clitoral hood.It is above the clitoris. It has been there for a while. It is a brown spot (it is dark but not brownblack) and has a even colour and it is round.. The edges are also round and not disorted. The only thing is that it isnt flat, it is slightly swollen. I would compare it to a very small wrat. It doesnt hurt and it doesnt itch. I also dont have abnormal discharge. I am a woman of 23 years of age. Should i be worried about the mole?
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Soumya 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please send a picture

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

It would be better if you can send me a picture of the brown spot. It is easier to identify then.

Can you remember how long its been there?

Follow-up: ive had a brown spot on the left side of 7 hours later
i noticed it last 2 years, but it might have been there for much longer because i didnt check it and it falls in a fold so its not very noticable.

Answered by Dr. Soumya 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Simple mole

Detailed Answer:

This looks like a simple not harmful mole. Moles are known to occur in any part of body and this could be mole that appeared on the clitoral hood.

This is absolutely not harmful , not cancerous. This will stay there without causing any problems.

If you find any change in size in next 6 months ( which is unlikely), you can see your doctor for examination in person.