is it possible for masturbation to slow the process of healing for epididymitis?

Is it possible for masturbation to slow the process of healing for Epididymitis?
Or is it possible for it to actually help in ridding the body of a infection? (if its bacterial) ?

I ask this because I have still had pain and am being treated with Levofloxacin (even though labs showed no Chylamydia/Gonorrhea), after a 10 day course of Doxycycline.
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
hi, thanks for your query. I have not heard of this infection to spread the way you fear, as it is only on theory. You need scrotal support and antibiotics. It will take time up to 3 months for complete healing. Masturbation has no relation. Regards, dr GS.