is Laproscopy advisable for upper arm reduction and are there any side effects?

How to reduce upper arm? Is Laparoscopy is a best way? Please suggest if there is any other ways without side effect. and if Laparoscopy is best way, guide me in details. Thanks in advance.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need clarification... Detailed Answer: Hi, I am sorry, I don't think I understand your question clearly. Do you mean limb (upper arm) shortening? Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive procedure / surgery done on the abdomen for abdominal pathologies. I don't think they have any relation with upper arm (limb), therefore please rephrase your question. It might be helpful if you can post a detailed account of your medical problem and treatment if any is planned. Looking forwards for a complete and clear query from you... Best Wishes!!
Follow-up: is Laproscopy advisable for upper arm reduction and are there any side effects? 1 hour later
how to remove upper arm fats, Please suggest if there is any ways without side effect. I leasened some thing like lapo... so is it good?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Liposuction is an option... Detailed Answer: Hi, I guess you wished to learn about liposuction. This is done by a cosmetic surgeon who removes excess stored fat through surgical means. It is definitely an useful method to remove excess fat. However I recommend this as a last option to my patients. I don't know if you have tried conventional exercises to get the fat removed. There are plenty of exercise techniques done my trained physical trainers. You can talk to an expert trainer and learn few techniques. Alternatively google and youtube search will reveal those exercise to you. With those exercise coupled with a low calorie diet you should be able to see the difference in 4-6 months. If you aren't interested in exercise, the next best choice would be liposuction. You can consult a cosmetic surgeon and discuss about the pros and cons about performing this procedure on you. You can take a call accordingly. Besides these, current advancement in ulltrasound studies revealed they are capable of liquifying fat. Ultrasound cavitational procedures are done by experts at some fitness centres. I am not fully aware of its effectiveness, but they promise excellent results. You can explore this option too. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: is Laproscopy advisable for upper arm reduction and are there any side effects? 3 days later
Is there any side effect of liposuction as i am not yet married? And how the cost of it..
Answered by Dr. Prasad 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Side effects negligible if done with right experti Detailed Answer: Hi, Liposuction has few side effects; but when it is done by right expertise the side effects are minimal to nil. You need to contact and discuss with an experienced surgeon before deciding to undergo liposuction. You can ask for reference from your local doctor; alternatively you can visit a nearby major multidisciplinary (tertiary care centre) hospital such as Apollo, Fortis, Manipal, etc., and find the right expert. Cost of the procedure will depend on the institute, amount of fat deposits and the surface area which needs to be operated. Therefore the cost varies. Doctor after clinical examination will inform about the cost. Hope this answers your questions. Regards