irregular periods,fever,body pain and unhealthy before periods,overweight

I am 26 and married .Trying for preganacy.I was having irregular periods. I consulted doctor before two months and she suggested to take folic acid tablets and fertyl tablets.Now iam getting periods after taking the tablets .But before a week to periods , I am getting fever and feeling unhealthy and body pain? whats the reason for fever?My weigth is 64kg and height is 4.11 feet.Doctor have suggested me to reduce the weight..
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later

You infertility issue could be related to polycystic ovaries. The folic acid and fertyl tablets should work. However, it will take 3-6 cycles to work. The body pain, cramps etc could be part of the pre menstrual syndrome. But there is no reason for fever to occur here. Fever usually indicates infection somewhere. If it has happened one time, it can be co-incidental. If its occuring multiple times you need to consult your doctor to determine the point of infection. You are definitely over weight for your height. That could be part of the PCOS. You will need to lose weight to improve the metabolic functions of the body. It is concluded that a 10% weight loss can help to elevate the chances of pregnancy by 50%.

I suggest you get some tests done if the fever is recurring everytime.It should not be related to the treatment you are receiving.

Any more related queries are welcome.