inflamed penis, Balanitis, Kenacomb, cleaning with soap, salt water, tea tree oil

175cm, 70kg, 40yo.
i have inflammed penis base.i have been to 2 doctors. first said balanitis and use creams. used 2 antifungal but still have balanitis. the second doctor gave me kenacomb to cure any infection. neither methods have worked.
i then used some basics myself...clean with salt water, with tea tree oil, bath with salt water, stopped using soap as it aggrevated my skin. use soap alternative. clean twice per day.
my frenulum occassionally was hurting but apart from that no real discomfort except some tightness during ejaculation.
i have had sex 3 times in 2 years and visited some rub n tug places and feel my penis was roughly handled.
the last time i had sex the base of my penis/foreskin seemed to rip with a fine line opened up along the base (i am not circumsized).
i have left it to heal itself and not over clean it. just run water over it and having salt bath. yellowish (smega) has filled the gap along the base of my penis and i have left it there for 3 days. not wanting to wash it off to allow my penis to heal itself possibly? any ideas would be great. not any discomfort really. just appearance of balanitis.
i have been suffering with this for about a year
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 5 hours later

Thank you for the query,

It is not very clear as to how clinically it looks. I would like to know few more things as this would help me in suggesting you better:
1) Can you describe the symptoms (?itching or burning) you have over the penis?
2) How does the lesion looks (?erythema or ?scaling)?
3) Are you suffering with any diagnosed medical conditions?
4) Have you tired oral anti-fungal for this & for how long?
5) Do you see any swelling at the tip of prepuce and are you able to retract it easily?
6) Did you use condom while having sex and did the inflammation of penis occurred after the contact?

Kindly let me know about the above things, so that I can help you further on this. You can even consider sending me a close up picture of the lesion which would help me further. You can send it at YYYY@YYYY and kindly mention "ATTN Dr.Bharat Chawda" as a subject. Also please reply to this mail saying that you have enclosed a picture.

Your medical history suggests that you had fungal infection in past involving groins and toe nails. And there is a possibility of candidial balanitis at present.

At this moment you can just keep the area clean with water and can apply any good anti fungal cream over it.

Kindly reply me with the answers as this will help me in suggesting you better.

Awaiting for your reply

Dr.Bharat chawda.
Follow-up: inflamed penis, Balanitis, Kenacomb, cleaning with soap, salt water, tea tree oil 3 hours later
1. The foreskin would stick to penis and leave red sores on my penis leaving it tender. only discomfort would be if i left the head exposed to dry after shower and the bottom of my shirt rub on it then it would be very sensitive with some pain. Since using salt baths and not using soap it is much better and not so sensitive. Also the foreskin and penis no longer stick and no more ripping of skin. Can feel a little raw after cleaning.

2. No more lesions. Just like seperation of foreskin from base of penis head as if seperating. But healed now.
Pictures sent.

3. Apart fromwhat i specified there is nothing else. Had a blood test and sugar levels etc were fine.

4. No oral fungal tried. Just the toenail one.

5. Foreskin retracts no problem. Thought maybe over stretching or vigorous masterbation might have done something.

6. Sex occurred many months after. The only sexual contact i had were hand relief at rub n tug venues with 2 time covered oral sex. The lesion occurred i feel from use of condom second occassion where i felt discomfort and ended it after a minute.
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 6 hours later

Thank you for the reply and posting the pictures .

Since there is a little bit of erythema and scaling visible over the coronal sulcus and as you mentioned there is also a bit of stickiness between foreskin and glance penis. The possibility of fungal infection (candidial balanitis ) still holds good.

But there is a bleak possibility of irritation due to constant friction too leading to tenderness.

In such a situation I would suggest you to take a course of oral anti fungal medicine with topical antibiotic cream over the lesion. I would prefer oral fluconazole as an anti fungal and mupirocin cream as a topical preparation .

Kindly consult a dermatologist for proper prescription .You can even get a KOH test done to prove it as a fungal infection.This can be done at any lab or at a dermatologists clinic.

I hope this answers your query,if you have any further questions,kindly write back to us.I'll be happy to answer them.

Dr.Bharat chawda