infant having burn on forehead. Not responding to his name when called. Should I be bothered?

hello... my son is eight months old. he is crawling with his belly as he is trying to learn. we have a fireplace in the living room. he was on the large blanket playing so i went to grab something from the dining table. my eight month old crwled over to the fireplace stone floor but its flat like the floor and into the floor..he had his head up like he was on his tummy. he bum his forehead on that stone floor. he got a little bum. he started crying and i picked him up and rub his forehead. he calm down. but now hes fine. the thing that is bothering me is that he wont respond to his name or play clap on my hand with me. hes crwling and grabbing toys. hes laughing. why isnt he respoinding to his name like he always does? please its bothering me reply..
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 days later

Need not worry, if the hit on the head he had has caused some structural damage there may be many more serious symptoms than just a single sociosensory defect.

I consider it to be a developmental process, wherein he is developing higher mental functions and getting busy as he is concentrating on other issues.
He would soon resume the activity you are fond of now.

Hope, I answered your query.