Ask a Urologist   »  

im on 20 mg of viibryd . 100mg seroquel .

Psychiatrist
Question
im on 20 mg of viibryd. 100mg seroquel. 80mg nexium 10mg baclofen hard to start peeing. no blood no pain. ?
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to decrease seroquel

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Seroquel is know to have strong anticholinergic side effects and difficulty in urination is one among them. Although it is mostly with higher dosages of seroquel but this side effect can occur among individuals with history of renal diseases or with poor hydration.

I am not sure what causing it for you but it is advisable to reduce dose of seroquel to relive the anti cholinergic side effects. I also request you to discuss the alternative of seroquel with your doctor.

Other medications prescribed to you have least possibility of causing urinary retention.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.