i took blood pressure medicine for the first time today.

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
i took blood pressure medicine for the first time today. My pressure has dropped to 101/72 I am afraid to go to bed and have been drinking water to raise it and moving around. I took med at 6:00 this eve. Should i worry

YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for the query,

A BP of 101/72 is on the low side but if you are otherwise feeling well this should not be a major issue. I would continue to check your BP at home 2-3 times per day and report these readings to your primary care physician.

I would hold any more BP meds until you speak to your primary doctor who may provide guidance on adjusting the dose of your medication.

If you feel light-headed, dizzy or experience palpitations, nausea or vomiting then would advise you go to your local ER. I suspect however that you will be fine with continued observation at home until you followup with your PCP.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga