i have white looking tonsilstone on right side of my

Question
i have white looking tonsilstone on right side of my tonsil and it feels inflaed and red. it irritates wwhen i swallow ... my body also feels achy what is wrong wiht me ? i am also due for my period in the next few days
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are having tonsillitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic.
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
As per your description it seems that you are having tonsillitis( inflammation of your tonsils).

The white dot can be small stone in the tonsils (tonsilolith) which can predispose to recurrent attacks of tonsillitis an it might be the reason in your case.

Or it could be the appearance of "follicular tonsillitis"

As of now you can try the following measures as first line management:
1. You can take paracetamol for pain and fever.
2. A short course of antibiotics for five to days is necessary (you need to get them prescribed by your ENT doctor).
3. Do warm saline gargles.

If symptoms persist or recurrent attacks are there, Consult an ENT specialist for detailed evaluation.
You might require tonsillectomy(surgical removal of the tonsils) in some cases.

Thanks