i have pain in my legs especially the knee area,

Question
i have pain in my legs especially the knee area, my knees feel stiff and its hard to move even when I'm laying down. i sometimes have to ask my husband to move the leg for me so i can turn. i had a torn cartilage on my right knee and had surgery about 14 years ago.
the pain feels like if its coming from my bones. At night it wakens me from my sleep.
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Advice to undergo Xray knee joint

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health

Knee pain with previous history of injury is concerning for osteoarthritis of knee joint. It occurs due to age and injury related wear and tear of the joint. Xray of knee joint can confirm the diagnosis. Please be advised to follow up with your orthopedician or primary provider for necessary evaluation.
Meanwhile, you can take Advil 400 mg up to 6 times daily for pain..Apply alternate ice and heat on the affected joint. Take over the counter glucosamine-chondroitin supplements. Maintain healthy weight. Do low impact exercises like water aerobics.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi