i had knee legament injury 3 years back. for last

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
i had knee legament injury 3 years back. for last two years it was okay i thought it recovered. this year from last week i am again seeing similar symptoms to that of when i had this injury. i cant bend my knee completely and knee is also swollen. what should i do about it. any medicine? any exercise?
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be effusion or infection.

Detailed Answer:
The swelling and inability to bend the knee can be due to an effusion or infection or inflamed knee joint. This needs proper investigations like MRI scan for proper diagnosis. You need to restrict your knee activity avoid all painful movements and keep the leg elevated till then to help it recover.
Use an elastic knee brace for better knee support.
Do consult an Orthopedician for a physical examination and stronger prescription medicines in case there is swelling, persistent pain and difficulty in walking.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal