how to get rid of stitch scar on nose?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query Hello, I have a stitch scar of 3 inch on my nose which happened 3 years back due to mugging incident with me. The Scar is clearly visible and have tried many scar removing creams but it didnt affected the visibility. Please suggest me how can i remove the scar or if required please let me know which doctor to be consulted in delhi which may help me in removal of this stitch scar
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. A scar can be treated by topical creams like tretinoin, vitamin c or dimethicone based creams minor procedures like dermarollers, chemical peels, subsicion etc Lasers Scar revision surgery( also a minor day time procedure, done under Local anaesthesia) Lasers and scar revision surgery will give good result in your case. There are many cosmetology centres in Delhi where you can take sessions of fractional lasers for scar or go for scar revision surgery. You basically need to consult a cosmetic surgeon. Safdarjung hospital in delhi has a good plastic surgery and dermatology department. Either you can go there or may look for a cosmetic surgery centre in your locality. Hope this answered your query. Should there be any doubt, please write back. Take care
Follow-up: how to get rid of stitch scar on nose? 1 hour later
Thanks Dr.Kalpana. I am attaching the closer view of my nose which can help you to guide me more further. I have consulted Dr XXXXXXX Taneja in fortis but she said the marks can not be removed and suggested me for again Rhino-pasty which i am not in a favour as i have already done that 3 years back after that mugging case and found no result. I have also had one dermaabrasion but it not result as was required.i have also applied Melalite creams for 6 months but have not improved my marks. I really get depressed by seeing these marks on my face.which completely ruined my looks. Request you to please suggest me what could be done so that these marks may be removed or lighten which make less visible. Suggest me after seeing the Pic and the complete history mentioned above, what would you finally recommend Skin grafting or laser or some other treatment. I heard that skin grafting results in removing the marks.Please suggest me the better option and from where i can get the treatment done and what would be cost for it.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 29 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. I have seen the image attached. In your case we can try 1) topical medicines like tretinoin vitamin c and hydroquinone 2) peels( trichloroacetic acid peels) 3) laser( fractional laser) 4) scar revision surgery- here we basically improve the existing scar by excising the scarred area and then suturing it properly to give a more aesthetic scar. In other words, a very subtle cosmetically better scar would replace your pigmented scar. Skin grafting is not required. My advise initially would be to apply tretinoin gel 0.1%( nexret gel or supatret gel) in night and hydroquinone cream like depiwhite cream twice in a day over affected area. If possible take few sessions of spot TCA peels over affected area every fortnightly. Take oral vitamin c 500 mg daily(celin/limcee). You can contact any dermatologist nearby for tca peels. You may follow the above treatment suggestion for two to three months to see if there is any improvement in the scar. If at all the scar remains same, you may go for scar revision surgery or fractional lasers. These are definite treatment for scar reduction. These are costly procedures and costs varies from centre to centre. You may use any internet search engine to look for a centre nearby. I cant endorse or suggest a private cosmetic surgery centre through this portal as it would be ethically wrong. Regards