how can I find the origin of gonorrhea to determine exactly when the infection started?

my boyfriend has gonorrhea. I have been with only him for 5 years. He doesn't believe me. He really believes I gave it to him. He had sex last summer with god knows who. He was tested in August and it was negative. His symptoms showed up 2-3 weeks ago. I am certain he has been with only me since August. Its Christmas Eve. He has broken up with me and I am alone. He won't believe me that I have been with only him. There HAS to be another explaination. BTW I have had symptoms for a couple months but thought it was a UTI because I have had a hysterectomy.
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Concerns Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for the question. I can appreciate that this is a very stressful situation. Right now there are many many emotions involved and it is difficult to make decisions in the setting of this type of situation. I would suggest that you sit down with a counselor and discuss all of your concerns. Otherwise it will lead to a lot of fighting and this can be damaging to a relationship. If you have specific concerns about what the origin of this bacterial infection is you did review this with your doctor. It is almost impossible to determine exactly when the infection started unfortunately. Again trying to console yourself with optimism and faith that in the near future you will both come to a common understanding and hopefully this will lead to a better relationship for both of you. Thanks again for sending the question. I am here if you have any additional concerns. Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: how can I find the origin of gonorrhea to determine exactly when the infection started? 3 minutes later
The question is 1.could he have been exposed last summer, remained asymptomatic, and then got symptoms a few months later? 2. Could his negative test result in August have been a false negative if it was too close to the time of infection?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 29 hours later
Brief Answer: Followup Detailed Answer: The answer to both of these questions is theoretically yes. Scientifically however it is almost impossible to prove this at this time.