hi my wife taking a dose of 125 mcg for

Question
hi
my wife taking a dose of 125 mcg for thyroxin. we are afraid of Major side effects on long run.
how can we dealt with that?
is there any alternate option to treat the thyroid level.?
any natural tharapy or treatment?
Thanks
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
No proven adverse effects

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
See, there are no proven adverse effects of long term use of Levothyroxine. Actually, It's a synthetic hormone, that her body is not producing in appropriate amount and that is being given from outside.

Now, if we compare the long term side effects of untreated hypothyroidism with long term side effects of taking Levothyroxine, we see that hypothyroidism in itself can cause serious problems in life.

Levothyroxine can cause Osteoporosis in post menopausal women as per some research but not has been proven with strong evidence.

There are no safe way outs to treat by naturopathy or ayurvedic medicines, as you actually don't know, what side effects you may get by taking them!!

So, i would recommend you to continue her with the dosage as directed by your physician.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD