hi.. i have reoccurring boils that break out like sore

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
hi.. i have reoccurring boils that break out like sore in my pubic area this has been happening quite a fill now some times it seems like they are puss fill while other times they are hard under the skin
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
thank you for writing to us.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist). I have noted your concern.
Perhaps you have a bacterial skin colonization which is predisposing you to recurrent skin and soft tissue infection.
I suggest you to take a week or 10days of oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin+clavulanate Or Cephalexin, thrice daily.
Topically you may use an antibacterial cream e.g 2%mupirocin cream, twice daily.
Use an antibacterial soap for bath.
Oral and topical antibiotics are prescription medications and I suggest you to talk to your local practitioner regarding the same.

regards

Follow-up: hi.. i have reoccurring boils that break out like sore 30 minutes later
are there any over the counter products that can be used in the mean time

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Over the counter (otc) antibiotic ointment

Detailed Answer:
hi.

you may use Triple antibiotic - Neosporin ointment, twice daily.it is available otc.

regards