hi, i have a baby of 2months old and am

Question
hi, i have a baby of 2months old and am exclusively breastfeeding her. is that safe for me to take H1N1( swine flu- influvac injection). will it affect vaccination cycle which she is undergoing. kindly advise.
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be taken safely

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Influenza vaccine can be taken during breast feeding without risk of harm to baby.

In fact, influenza vaccine is also indicated in pregnancy that too any trimester. So, if it doesn't harm a fetus during pregnancy, it is not going to harm a baby.

So, if you have not received influenza vaccine during your pregnancy then you can ask your doctor for a shot and repeat shot every year.

Vaccine is very helpful in preventing flu caused by influenza.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD

Follow-up: hi, i have a baby of 2months old and am 4 hours later
i havent taken the vaccine during pregnancy.. now this vaccine has arranged in our office every year and this is the first time am gonna take it.

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Go ahead

Detailed Answer:
Please go ahead and get it repeated every year.

Good Luck.