hi doctor, i might seem to be paranoid but please

Excellent

Question
hi doctor, i might seem to be paranoid but please be patient and hear me out...
today my friend was bitten by a dog, so we took him to a doctor to give him rabies vaccine.. there doctor told us that even scratches from mammal animals can cause rabies...then i recollected an incident 2.5 years ago when on a tour, a monkey had scratched me but it did not cause any blood to come out and the attack was unprovoked as i had touched it ...then i had washed the wound but there was no burning sensation and fever or other symptoms and i did not consulted a doctor or i did not take any vaccine/medication... please guide me about what should do as i m tensed
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please be reassured.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I would advise you not to worry about the incident and please be reassured. The incident happened 2 and a half years ago, hence even if there was some underlying illness, it would have showed up by now. So, dont worry.

Warm Regards,
Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan

Follow-up: hi doctor, i might seem to be paranoid but please 16 hours later
1) I was bitten by a dog 1992 and had taken full course of vaccination. Should I repeat the vaccination course to be on the safer side?
2)The attack by the monkey was provoked one as I had touched him after feeding him. There was no redness or deep/blood marks.
3) i am about to be married. So, should I tell my partner about the incident which happened 2.5 years ago?
thanks for hearing me out...

Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Please be reassured. You do not have rabies.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. Sorry for the delay.

There is no need to take the vaccination now, as the incident happened 2.5 yrs ago and you have had no symptoms. Do not to worry about the incident and please be reassured. You can share it with the person whom you are going to get married. There is nothing to hide about it and you do not have rabies. Do not worry.

Warm Regards,
Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan