hi doctor, i have a pain in my lower back

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
hi doctor,

i have a pain in my lower back last 7 days please suggest something to get relief
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
inflammation / disc prolapse ?

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question on this platform.

I have gone through your medical history and complaints.

The lower back that you are experiencing from last 7 days can be caused due to various reasons.

Three main possibilities are-

POSSIBILITY 1. SOFT TISSUE INFLAMMATION- there may be no bony involvement,only the soft tissues around the back might be inflammed that may be causing the pain

POSSIBILITY 2. NEUROPATHY- there may be a partial or complete inflammation of the nerves in lower back that may be the root cause of such kind of pain.

POSSIBILITY 3. DISC PROLAPSE-there may be a compressed a nerve in the lumbar spine that might be causing radiating pain in the lower back.Possibility of a lumbar disc prolapse should be kept in mind.

Apart from this,a muscle strain or a ligament inflammation can also cause low back pain.

I suggest you get an Xray as well as an MRI done to find out the exact cause.

Physiotherapy,analgesics,anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen,tramadol along with muscle relaxants should help till then.

Apply local analgesic sprays/gels followed by hot fomentation.

I hope the answer was useful.

Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.

Thank you.
Kind regards.