hi! My 11 yr daughter (5 feet 4 inches, 56

Question
hi! My 11 yr daughter (5 feet 4 inches, 56 kgs)has to go for outbound trip. She wants to delay her periods. Is there any medicine? What is the dosage? She is going to get her periods around Nov 21. How soon she should start the medication? Is it safe? any side effects?
Posted Tue, 5 Dec 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Postponing menses

Detailed Answer:
Hi
GREETINGS
When did she get her first period? I mean at what age?
Is it regular now?
Progesterone tablets can be taken to postpone periods.For name and dose you need to consult your gynaecologist as she has to be examined clinically to rule out any contraindications .There are different preparations available. Your gynaecologist will prescribe the best one for her.
Hope my answer helps you.

Follow-up: hi! My 11 yr daughter (5 feet 4 inches, 56 3 hours later
She got her periods in April last year and quite regular. Please forward this question to gynae as I see there are gynae docs also available to answer

Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Am a gynaecologist

Detailed Answer:
Hi
GREETINGS
As mentioned earlier progesterone can be given 5 days before planning to postpone.Am a gynaecologist. But the dose and trade name to be collected from local gynaecologist after a gynaec check up directly.(preferably)
Hope you are convinced.